Zetech library is located on Moi Avenue, Pioneer house, 2nd
floor, Nairobi. The library supports the learning and research
activities of the college through provision of responsive, dynamic
services that meet the changing information needs of a diverse Zetech
The library boasts of a collection of over 2000 volumes of information resources in both print and non-print media. The library has a sitting capacity of 200 users. It also has an electronic media section that is fully furnished with 20 computers as well as internet connectivity to allow for free access to information in electronic format.
In line with Zetech College’s mission, which is to provide holistic education to its graduates by fostering a culture of integrity, hard work, research, innovation and creativity towards problem solving, the mission of the library is to support the learning, research and other scholarly missions of the college by:
- Providing high-quality services that meet the information needs of its diverse users
- Selecting, acquiring, organizing, preserving and providing access to library materials and resources;
- Providing a variety of information materials to meet the needs of the users;
- Using information technology in access and delivery of library services to the users;
- Creating a climate where users can interact with staff for individual attention and
- Providing the physical facilities and the technical infrastructure that enhance the learning and research environment.
The library will strive to be a centre of excellence in provision and dissemination of information in support of the learning, teaching and research mission of the college by:
- Providing information literacy skills to enable users make maximum use of the collection;
- Establishing partnerships with other learning institutions in the region with the aim of information sharing;
- Providing a student-centered learning environment that delivers information and services to its users where and when they need it;
- Empowering users to locate, evaluate and use information available in a variety of formats and
- Establishing itself as a leader in information management.
In order success of the above vision and mission, the personnel of Zetech library practice the following values:
- Provision of quality services
- Observation of the intellectual property rights
- Upholding of the professional ethics and standards in information management
- Providing an environment conducive for learning.